Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Week 4

Week 4

My bad,
had to help two friends move.

Home now, and I guess I'll do this now.

Now this is what I'm talking about!
All but 1 team scored 95ish+

Some interesting storylines are developing in the NFL but one of the most resounding ones is what's going on with the Running backs of the league.

I like to think there's about 6 elite RB1s and about 7-8C RB2s with the rest being pretty... flex-worthy.

In my opinion (before the season started) in no particular order:

RB1 (Elite):
Adrian Peterson (Cruz to Victor)
LeSean McCoy (Exile of the SeaBass)
Marshawn Lynch (Joon's Football Squad)
Arian Foster (Team Excrement)
Jamaal Charles (Cruz to Victor)
Ray Rice (i need a win)

Of these guys 4 of them are in the Top 5 so far.
Arian comes in 8th.
Ray Rice however, with a new offensive coordinator and injuries has clearly fallen from grace. He got 5 carries last time out and 0 catches.

So does having an RB1 help? Obviously doesn't say much this early but all these teams that have a RB1 minus Ray Rice are 2-2 or better. I'll keep track of this as we continue on.

Maybe it does seems to say something as Cruz to Victor has the top two RB1s and leads the league in PF followed by another team with an RB1 (RoSB)

RB2 (solid):

Matt Forte (36 Dollar Man)
Alfred Morris (Atlanta Lions)
Doug Martin (What Am i doing)
Trent Richardson (SCOOP YOU)
Steven Jackson (Atlanta Lions)
MJD (What Am i doing)
CJ Spiller (Team Excrement)
Trent Richardson (SCOOP YOU)

Again, my opinion so of course it's debatable. Some borderline guys in my opinion are Gore, Chris Johnson, Fred Jackson (because he's so hard to predict).

For RB2 I've given them the tag of "solid". Err, expected to be solid. If there are 6 RB1s then theoretically RB2s should be performing at #7 level. Forte (#4) is overachieving and everyone else is underachieving Gore (14), Morris (16), Doug Martin (17), and so on.

So who are the overachieving guys that came in under the radar?

In the top 15, 8 guys don't belong.
Reggie Bush didn't fall into these two categories given the teams he played for combined with the way he was used. Safe to say he is ideal for the Lions offense. The kid missed a game and is still ranked 6th among RBs.

DeMarco Murray has always been overrated after a couple big games his rookie year. Whether that's legit to say that or not, injuries contributed a lot to his lack of production in the past. He looks good... for now. (I traded him away....)

Joique Bell. We're all Lions fans, we know what's up there.

Aforementioned Fred Jackson just refuses to age. Of course he is off the two categories given the frailty that accompanies his age. Just like that... he is injured.

Moreno. Honestly... is such an average runner. But be on a team where you have giant forehead cyborg dominating the league and no one is going to pay attention to you running the ball. Please. Go ahead and run. I don't want to defend a pass against forehead cyborg.

Sproles. This confuses me. Not that he's successful but... the Saints had Reggie Bush. Why didn't they use him like they are using Sproles. Kid is so awkward to watch on TV given his size but he's amazing.

Bilal Powell. WTF? He did have one great game for yardage but they ran it 27 times. Meh.

Giovani Bernard. My biggest sadness. I wanted him very badly during the draft. He was going to do what he's doing from the start. Lawfirm is crap.


I believe the RB1s will establish themselves toward the top by season's end. Minus Ray Rice.

Can these 8 surprise RBs keep it up?

The ones that will:
Reggie Bush (if healthy)
Darren Sproles
Giovani Bernard.

The ones I believe will not:
Murray (I say he gets injured)
Powell (J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS)
Fred Jackson (injuries...)

Bell is hard to predict. If Bush goes down, I think he will have a good chance.
Moreno has a better chance to given his team but they're such a big split amongst RBs (Did you guys see that highlight where the 3 RBs played rock, paper, scissors to determine who got the goal line attempt?) that I can't trust it.


Kind of ruined any attempt at buy-low, sell-high if we have similar opinions. But honestly, this league is too competitive to not be able to think for themselves.

============================================================

Quick hit Matchups:

Joon's Football Squad (3-1)
def
Calvin's Johnson

RB RB RB RB.
Calvin's Johnson doesn't have them.
Ball, Bell, DeAngelo, M Bush, J Franklin.
Nothing. Joique is a vulture potential when Bush is healthy.
Something has to be done.

Tony Gonzalez.
Brilliant game by the timeless one. Even with a kang of Nate Washington for 22.5 points Joon's team scored 100+ and enough to put him at the top of the league. This was done without Aaron Rodgers btw.

------------------------------------------------------------

Thobias Funke (3-1)
def
36 Dollar Man (3-1)

Ding dong the witch is dead.
The last undefeated goes down thanks to awful Wrs.
Also... Bush was left on the bench but it wouldn't have changed anything.

Stevie threw up -0.1. Fantastic.

For Thobias, Brees went nuts. Thobias offered a package including Tavon Austin. That guy got 0.6 points albeit against SF, but still. MEH.
Brees was great. If Gio can fully take over the starting RB position... it'll do wonders as he's kind of weak at RB.

------------------------------------------------------------

Team Excrement (3-1)
def
Exile of the Sea Bass (2-2)

GAH.
Saint D. I had the Saints D streamed. Then I backtracked and went with the Steelers and they threw up -1. Great.
SeaBass got me 1 point, therefore exiled into the FA abyss. What hurts is that the Saints D would have allowed me to beat the guy who is frustrating me in fantasy sports.

Speaking of that man. He got great performances by RB1 Arian Foster and the Colts D. Colts D was fantastic. When your kicker and D scores 33, you win.

------------------------------------------------------------

Atlanta Lions (3-1)
def
SCOOP YOU (0-4)

123.5 - 79.9.
Good performance all for nothing. Philip Rivers is making it hard for ATL to go back to Cam now that his Bye week has passed. At least I would think it's hard. Philip is currently the #3 QB and dropped 26 points.
Even with Steven Hill's 0 points, 4 players (inc. D) scored 20+

SCOOP...
is holding onto Kyle Rudolph the guy has had one... decent game. I get that Gronk needs to come back but shouldn't that mean that Rudolph's roster spot isn't set in stone? Good news is Gronk is coming back soon.
Got a bit too cute with matchups (sitting Andre vs Seattle) but the problem comes from the RB2 and Flex position.

------------------------------------------------------------

Ahsahppable Cabrera (2-2)
def
i need a win (0-4)

It's not as fun when Jeff team isn't winning.
QB thing didn't come into play this time. LeVeon finally played and looked good! Not bad Sparty.
His positional player performance was encouraging. Ray Rice really let him down as well as the D and kicker.

Ansah had a weird week. RBs... again, I don't like his. Maybe Helu keeps it up? Everything looks gross minus Larry Fitz, J Cameron, and the Chiefs D. BMarshall should have more than 10 point every week. But suck it Brandon. LIONS!

------------------------------------------------------------

Cruz to Victor (2-2)
def
What Am i doing (1-3)

Muscle Hamster is looking more like Pinky.
27 rushes for 45 yards. Daheck?
Russell Wilson, I never really liked.
Take away Jimmy's 22 points and there's really not much.
Major kang of 21.2 points from Greg Jennings and Fred Jackson had 14.7 points left on the bench as well.

Cruz to Victor ROLLED. But the crazy thing is... he could have had MORE. Starting Alex Smith against one of the worst in the league isn't absurd. If he had he gets 9 more points and Danny Woodhead in the flex over Streater would have gotten him 18.8 more.
Damn. 160+ potential points.

============================================================

I'm skipping "power rankings"

I'll do something with it next week instead.

Don't cry Daniel Shin.

APOW: Cruz to Victor (2)
Turd: SCOOP YOU (2)


http://GBFFB.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment