Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Welcome Week 1 2014

WELCOME

Welcome to year 4.

Congrats on your successful draft.
Unless your draft was controlled by Stevenbot.
Stevenbot took my stance on the importance of Running Backs and grabbed 7 RBs with his first 8 picks spending a total of 184 dollars of the alloted 215.
Philip Rivers for one dollar could be an epic value pick given that the Quarterback position wasn't that hot this year.

Speaking of Quarterbacks... I renege my statement about all good drafting minus stevenbot.
Einsteinotron grabbed 4 QBs.
Spent a total of 76 dollars on them.
Imagine if he spent the 50 on Aaron Rodgers on 2 quality WRs instead? ORRRR.... DeMarco Murray (48), Le'Veon Bell (47), Zac Stacy (45), Arian Foster (45), Alfred Morris (35).
As great as Aaron Rodgers is, Stafford is better than his 15 dollar price tag. RG3 has the potential to be better than his 8 dollar price tag. Russell Wilson went for 3 dollars.
...
HOW ABOUT NEXT TIME WHEN I EMAIL OUT, WHAT DAYS ARE BEST YOU RESPOND AND THEN WHEN I SAY IT'S A CERTAIN DAY THROUGH THE AUTOMATIC EMAIL NOTIFICATION AND A FOLLOW-UP REMINDER EMAIL, JUMP ON IT?
sigh...

Anyways, good draft.

I didn't miss this part.

============================================================

Joon's Football Squad
Career record: 24-18 (.571)
Best finish: First in Legends (2013- 3rd in final standing)

Matt Ryan once went for 127 dollars.
Then that was rescinded, and he showed that without Roddy and Julio, he was worth less than one dollar.
This year he has them back, but for how long? Regardless, 14 dollars is a nice price to pay for your QB.

Joon looks to have leaned toward the Paul Min strategy. Spend. ASAP.
LeSean McCoy for 77 dollars was the 2nd highest bid behind Jamaal Charles for 79 dollars.
I had him last year. I think he's perfect for Chip Kelly. The question on the Eagles from here on will be... has the league had enough time to adjust to Chip's offense. It's hard to believe the elite talent of LeSean McCoy would allow him to regress too much. At the same time, the running back position isn't always consistent. I can confidently say he'll be top ten if healthy, but anything better is uncomfortable for me to say.

Joon's core consists of McCoy, AJ Green, and Montee Ball.
Throwing 55 at Montee Ball was surprising but understandable. Even with Peyton calling the plays, he's always called his back's number and if those moments occur at the red zone... profit.
Given the core of this team... the rest of his team consists of 3 dollar and 1 dollar players.
This is a high risk team.

I can't help but to say, "middle-of-the-pack"

My Value pick - Tavon Austin

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Calvin's Johnson
Career record: 8-6 (2013 enrollee)
Best finish: Third in Legends (2013- 7th in final standing)

"i don't like my team"
Yeah I don't like you.
Kevin spent 171 on his first three picks. All running backs.
Now, 67 on Forte makes sense to me. The man was a double digit machine.
Paying even more for Eddie Lacy... not so much.
Ignore the fact that I never believe in anyone after year one (see: Muscle Hamster), and ignore the fact that he only had three 20 point games. Packers are at their best with a healthy Aaron Rodgers slinging the ball around. I'm not saying he will have a bad year. I peg him in the top ten category but 69 dollars is a steep price to pay AFTER spending 67 dollars moments earlier. This was another manager who adopted the Paul Min strategy as the remainder of his money were spent on deep sleepers (Kelvin Benjamin, Eric Ebron, Jonathan Stewart) yet managed to steal away Tom Brady for 12 and Jason Witten for 5.

I don't believe in Alfred Morris. 35 is too much for a guy who never broke the twenty point mark. He's an RB2 IMO and 35 is okay for one of those RB1/RB2 borderline guys but I stick Alfredo right dab in the middle of the RB2 category.
Having said all that, this team consists of 3 plus backs, and we all know what I feel about that.

I wanna say... Find servicable WRs and you'll contend.

My Value pick - Tom Brady

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rebuilding Year
Career record: 25-17 (.595)
Best finish: Champion (2011)

Once again, another cult member of the Paul Min Church of spending.
79 dollars was the largest bid and it was spent on Jamaal Charles. Everyone knows my love for him.
Injury scares are always a hurdle the owner needs to jump over. However, the guy scored FIFTY-ONE POINT FIVE points in week 15 of last year!
He is so damn fast, and so damn clever in the open field... it's gross.
79 is a huge number to pay but... nice...

Add in Orange Julius Thomas for 37 dollars and Forehead Android for a whopping 64 bucks and you have a nice core. Hell, add in Maclin for 14 where he returns to the team as the new #1 after the DeSean departure and you have an even nicer core.
Problem with nice cores is that a core is a small percentage of a football team.
Stop me when I list someone you can be confident will get you 10 points any given week.
Jarrett Boykin, Terrance West, Mark Ingram, James Jones (PLAYS FOR OAKLAND NOW), Donald Brown, Matt Bryant STOP
k.
Cool.

Now, any of those guys before the kicker could get 10. But here's jeff's 2011 championship team's core:
Aaron Rodgers, Frank Gore (remember it's 2011), Dwayne Bowe, Jermichael Finley (again, 2011), Torrey Smith, Steve Smith.
That core has SIX PLAYERS out of 10 SLOTS.

Everyone knows I love to troll the troll, but in all honesty, I want to say... another rebuilding year.
Will not be a bottom feeder as a week where Jamaal and Peyton goes nuts, he'll have a good chance to win... but who's the RB2? Where's the flex? Too many questions here.

My Value Pick - Jeremy Maclin

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Excrement Ice Cream
Career record: 17-25 (.405)
Best finish: Second in Legends (2011- 5th in final standing)

This man had an extravagant wedding.
Then went to the Maldives and spent who knows how much to consummate his marriage in style ;) haha.
So no surprise that this same man dropped 76 dollars on Mr. Peterson and 65 on Skittles.
Surprising part in his Paul Min-esque spending is that he reeled it in afterwards.
You have the best 1-2 punch at the RB position, now what?

He went after value and investments. He outbid me for DeSean Jackson (now happy and playing for RG3 who loves to just bomb it in the air on the run), then grabbed a quarterback in Kaep for a great price (10), and finally filled the rest of his roster with a balanced... old man approach of spending wisely. TY Hilton, Reggie Wayne, Mike Wallace, Run DMC, and Stevie Johnson were all obtained for 10 dollars or less.

Now, I hate Antonio Gates, but take the TE slot out and you have an AMAZING core (AD and Marshawn) surrounded by capable teammates.

I actually like this team. RBs? check. WRs- big play candidates (DeSean, Mike Wallace) + possession guys.

I wanna say... contender assuming AD and Marshawn act like AD and Marshawn. If so, then any game where Kaep drops 20 points (7x last year) creates a very strong score IMO.

My Value Pick - Kaep

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lacy Stacy
Career record: 23-19 (.548)
Best finish: Champion (2013)

Danny has either finished 9-5 or 5-9.
His championship year, he got hot at the right moment with solid free agent additions to propel him to win it all after securing a wild card playoff slot.
So what does his draft say?
There is balance here.
There is evidence of research.
There is favoritism here.
A lot of factors play into this draft.

Roddy White and Julio Jones. Danny likes having a strong WR corp.
It doesn't take a genius to see that the Falcon can only succeed when these guys are healthy.
They are.
He took them for 64 bucks combined.
Last year he spent 53 dollars on an elite WR in AJ Green. This year that guy is Demaryius Thomas for 57 dollars.
Keenan Allen was one of those great pick ups last season and.... he went ahead and grabbed him too.

Now... I love all those picks... but they're all on WRs!!!
QB... Romo. Ugh. Worst. 6 dollars? okay fine.... but value doesn't equal points.
RBs!... Committee Joique, Andre Ellington........... MJD.

Team seems to be one of those that might flex a WR. Given the quality of his WRs, it would be a good thing in this case.

HOWEVER. I base my love of RBs based on the consistency of the elite ones to always drop a solid number. Even the elite WRs can be extremely fickle week to week.
Add a QB that I personally think is a career 14 point dude... and man those WRs better destroy it every week.

My gut feeling says he flips some of his many WRs for a QB and/or RB2... thus balancing his point production across his roster.
So I have no opinion yet.
This team as is... mid tier to wild card contender.

My Value Pick - MJD

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I MISS JC SO MUCH
Career record: 22-20 (.524)
Best finish: Second in Leaders (2013- 4th in final standing)

We're all korean.
Have you heard those stories of those "gambling fiend ahjuhsshis" who went to Las Vegas and dropped all their money at the casino and needs their wife to send money for him to fly back home?
Paul Min, in glorious Paul Min style, spent 197 dollars and 2 receivers, 1 TE, and Toby Gerhart.... got drunk... then got mad while waiting for the draft to throw him a bone and threw a tantrum and left.
Unfortunately he's not married, nor would it have been possible for said wife to have given him more money to use.

I love Calvin. I love Brandon Marshall. I think Jimmy Graham is amazing... although he's "just" a TE. Good core. Who are his running backs?

TOBY MUTHAFUCKING GERHART BABY.
CHRIS ELEPHANTE IVORY.
...
womp womp womp.

I'd get drunk too.
Maybe... get too drunk....
and ask.... random hot ladies at a bar....
to look at my gochu.....
wut?
"oh I get it, cause his quarterback is Ben Roethlisrapist"

Yikes.

Paul did steal the defense I wanted... the same defense that only had 4 sub-10 performances and 5 15-plus weeks.

Gut feeling here is the same with Danny's team but with way more questions.
QB- Rapist, Future Rapist (Manziel), Fire Crotch (Dalton)
RB- w,t,f
WR- AWESOME!!
TE- AWESOME!!

The reason why I find Danny's team having a better chance at success is because his sparkling WR position is deep. Dwayne Bowe hasn't been good in 2 years, Steve Smith is on a crappy passing team... and that's it for the WRs. RBs are almost all worthless, and there's 3 QBs where... I'd honestly start Dalton. I sense a struggle.

My Value Pick - Steve Smith

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SCOOP YOU
Career record: 17-25 (.405)
Best finish: Third in Leaders (2011- 2nd in final standing)

2011 seems so far away.
9-5... solidified the Leaders division to rep 3 playoff teams where he beat his first round opponent to lose in the finals. What a comeback.
Since then... bottom-dwelling.
Super questionable drafts and weird picks were made...
Then suddenly... research? Balance?

He was late to the draft. Cobb and Jackson were autopicked? Not sure. However... he doesn't have a single 1 dollar player on his team!
Cam is a beast. Physically. He can be a force if things go right. 17 dollars? Could be a monster steal as he has shown ability to drop 25+ easy.
Cobb got hurt last year too early for him to emerge as Aaron's Guy but there is value here.
I hate any TB player cause their team is just a clusterfuck of nonsense but if you had to have one... it'd be either Muscle Hamster or VJax.
Add Jordy/Percy/Tate/Boldin and you got a buncha guys you can give a thumbs up to.

Now you know what's coming... where's the RBs?
Interestingly enough, they're there.
Risky RBs, but they're there.

CJ2K turned into CJ2YPC then last year showed glimpses of the old CJ2K. He's still all or nothing but with slower legs. Doesn't mean he can't pull them off.
Ridley.... oh Ridley. So much potential.... then you'll fumble a bunch of times and Belichek will hate you for the rest of the season. Merp.
Sproles in Philly is super interesting. I'm too curious to see how he's utilized.

My point is... this isn't the same bottom dwelling... wtf are you doing??... SCOOP YOU roster.
This year... it's interesting.
My gut wants me to put him right back in the... oh boy... bottom dweller slot, but I can't.
If he finds two RB2s and Cam is electric, we have an interesting team.
So I guess I'll say... mid-tier/contender.

My Value Pick - Golden Tate

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Atlanta Lions
Career record: 10-18 (.357 - 2012 enrollee)
Best finish: Fifth in Leaders (2013- 10th in final standing)

STEVENBOT!
STEVENBOT LOVES STRONG BRUISING BLACK MEN.
Arian, Le'Veon, Spiller, Stacy, Jackson, Sankey, Pierre Thomas, DeAngelo!
I guess not all are strong and bruising.

Jokes aside. Let's look at this team.
RB1-2-flex is... monstrous.
I don't necessarily believe in Arian but whatever, Arian, LeVeon, Spiller.
Honestly, I'd put LeVeon, Spiller, Stacy if Arian doesn't show life week one.
Philip Rivers is always a candidate for a breakout year.
Emmanuel Sanders could reap the benefits of working with Peyton now and Edelman on a team with a rejuvenated Brady and Gronk could see a lot of targets. NOT BAD.
Plus, trading a RB for a receiver or TE could help this team out a lot. Maybe could flip another for a more sure-fire QB.

I can't ignore the elite RBs.
I'm kind of scared of this team.
I wanna say contender... given trades.

My Value Pick - Spiller/Jackson

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gravity with Sandra Bullock
Career record: 29-13 (.690)
Best finish: First in Leaders (2013- 2nd in final standing)

This guy is Michigan.
Winningest program in our league.
2011- 4th.
2012- 4th.
2013- 2nd.
Last year, he invented the Henry Kook strategy, codename Israel.
Yet he kind of abandonded it this year.
Not as drastic as the Paul Min cult, BUT, still different than last year.

Well balanced though. Elite QB, Elite WR in Dez, RB1(ish) in Gio Bernard.
The balance there is then accompanied by Antonio Brown (WR2 with occasional WR1 output) and a couple other solid starters. I like the Jordan Reed selection for only 4 dollars as well.
He has potential... based on the days he showed up to the stadium.

I've reach a level of understanding to not question too much of what Henry does but the balance is enough for me to crown him a contender once again.
Brees' 30 potential is 3-4 SOLID position players and a wildcard TE.

It's boring to draft balanced, cause usually you only end up with one or two superstars, but it worked last year.

My Value Pick - Fred Jackson (guy is timeless)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What Am I Doing
Career record: 15-27 (.357)
Best finish: 4th in Leaders (2012- 6th in final standing)

From winningest to... losing..e..st?..
After a past of questionable drafts (Vick #1, Gates 2nd round) and whatnot...
kinda similar to Scoop You... research???
Not bad of a draft!

Ben Tate and DeMarco Murray are feature backs.
31 and 47 dollars are good amounts to spend on feature backs.
Add a star WR in Cruz and deep threat Torrey, and that's a nice WR corp.

He's a Cutler believer, so spending only a dollar on your QB is great. We all know Cutler has always had POTENTIAL... and any year can be the year he reaches it.
It's not a bad team. It doesn't wow me given Murray's injury concern and his team's affinity to throwing themselves out of trouble.... while... creating a bigger problem in doing so (ROMO).
I don't believe in the NYG and therefore can't imagine Eli getting it to Cruz enough.
I don't believe in the resurgence of Ray Rice back to elite levels.
I believe David Wilson will retain the job in NYG.
So do I believe in this team?
Not really.
But there is value and balance here.
Therefore I have to say... mid-tier.
FYI, I say mid-tier while being overly pessimistic given the history of Walter's teams.
I can see many ways I would be surprised.

My Value Pick - Torrey Smith
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Discount Double Check #PonyUp
Career record: 8-6 (2013 enrollee)
Best finish: Third in Leaders (2013- 6th in final standing)

AUTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo
QB love.
So much QB love.
Clearly he needs to trade/drop 2...
Muscle Hamster... I hate him, still do.
I would never have dropped 48 on him. I guess Einsteinotron thought it was a good idea.
Mathews... at 18 is a damn steal for a RB2.
Vernon Davis at 17!? sigh... that was upsetting. However, I never believe that holdout divas do well.
I live Garcon more than I like Andre Johnson.

All said and done I still think... not bad?
Maybe he can flip a QB for a nice RB1 or great RB2?
Probably needs more focus on WRs but... servicable RBs with elite Rodgers is a combination that Jeffrey Kim circa 2011 could attest to.

Potential contender pending trades.
As is... mid-tier/bottom
All on Rodgers and the "hope" that Martin and Mathews are worth the price paid.

My Value Pick - Vernon Davis

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12 Dollar ROY
Career record: 24-18 (.571)
Best finish: Champion (2012)

Sigh.
Went in with a strategy and bailed.
Adopter of the Henry Kook strategy, but failed miserably.
I came in knowing I was rolling with Foles as my QB. Assuming Foles will be nominated late and being an under projected value buy. Then Andrew Luck rolled out at about 10 dollars and I flinched.
Even before that Alshon Jeffery flashed before my eyes at around 29.
Even worse, Larry Fitzgerald's bid of 19 was to jack up the price for someone I didn't want.
Oops.

Reggie Bush was someone that I did want, but not for 34.
Basically, everything went wrong.
Gronk was not a part of my plan.
Gore was, but not for 26.
Trent was another price drive to get Stevenbot to lose more money....
Welker suffered a concussion so he might be a miserable fail.

I'm in trouble.
All I cared about after the main kids were done was to secure my must have guy.
Sammy Effing Watkins.
12 dollars.
Peace out.

So what does my team have?
A sleeper QB in Foles, a solid backup who might end up to be better in Luck.
Bush, Gore, Richardson screams risk.
Bush is obvious.
Gore is old and beat up and has new RBs in the fold to share the load.
Richardson had a horrendous year and is a bounce back gamble.
My WRs are alright. Alshon was a monster last year .... HALF the time.
Larry Fitz.... I have no confidence in but is a big name??
Wes might not die.
SAMMY WATKINS IS THE TRUTH AND WILL DESTROY YOU.
GRONK is GRONK.

Mid tier.

Value Pick - SAMMY WATKINS CAUSE HE IS WORTH 100.

============================================================

That was a huge waste of time.

Congrats all.

No preview.
Here's my predictions based off nothing.

Joon way over 12 Dollar Roy
Lacy Stacy over Calvin's Johnson
Excrement Ice Cream over rebuilding year
SCOOP YOU over i miss JC So much
Atlanta Lions barely over Discount Double...s,afjlsdfja
Gravity with Sandra Bullock barely over What Am i doing

cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment