The... "something" bowl!
Congrats to Lacy Stacy and 36 Dollar Man!
Sad way to end a season for Joon's Football Squad and I miss JC So Much.
Especially I miss JC So Much.
So unfortunate that his name foreshadowed what was to come.
As I had mentioned, there were so many injuries and/or freak incidents (RG3 benching) for this team RIGHT as he clinched the playoffs. Insult to injury... his supposed "treasured JC" (why trade him then?...) went off for 52 points in one of the most dominate performances I've ever seen in fantasy.
Jamaal only ran for 20 yards and a touchdown (8 points) on 8 carries.
OH.
THEN HE CAUGHT 8 PASSES FOR 195 YARDS AND 4 TOUCHDOWNS ON 8 TARGETS.
That's 5 touchdowns on 16 touches. (31.25%) and 13.44 yards per touch.
3.22 points per touch.
Talk about efficiency.
That performance makes JC the 3rd OVERALL player in fantasy this season. That's pretty nuts. The next RB is Shady McCoy at #13.
Things also went south for Joon's Football Squad due to what I pointed out last week. Quarterback play. Losing Rodgers was devastating. 9.6 points from the rapist. What hurts is the fact that 3 of the top 5 QB performers for this week were available. But who in their right mind goes... "Imma pick up Ryan Harvard Fitz"?
Actually... I did... when I had a platoon of Matty Ice and Case Keenum in case I made the playoffs... Fitz has awesome matchups. But still that wasn't really something I was planning to do.
Anyways. Good effort by these two.
On to what matters.
*cue NFL Films soundtrack*
Who has the edge?
QB matchup.
Edge - 36 Dollar Man
Stafford. We all know about Stafford as native Michiganders. The guy has a better line over the season than Romo (who he's starting to become) but given the situation of the game, it's hard to see Stafford respond to the pressure. Look at Monday's game. When have we ever seen Calvin drop those types of passes. Then he sat on the bench and looked... loopy. No one cared, no one wanted to step up to the occasion. We're supposed to believe they do this now? Maybe it's just my Lionized pessimism but I don't see it. On the other hand Romo... lulz. What a failure he is. However he does drop some great fantasy numbers even while he destroys his team. Both the Lions and Cowboys are a game behind their respective division leaders. When it comes to Romo I always say, "If the game doesn't matter he will be brilliant". This game matters but it's against the crappy Redskins. Edge Romo
RB matchup.
Edge - 36 Dollar Man
Uh... Duh. (THANKS JOON!)
Matt Forte #3 and Marshawn Lynch #4.
"But Lynch has Arizona". Lynch had Arizona IN Arizona and dropped 15.4. This time Arizona comes into the loudest stadium in the NFL and Lynch gets to go at them again.
I'm not ignoring the fact that Lacy and Stacy are performing extremely well. I think it's a fair comparison to call Lacy and Stacy the poor man's version of Forte and Lynch. They're on track to be those guys later in their careers but they're not there yet. Edge RB 1+2 Forte AND Lynch
WR matchup.
BIG edge - Lacy Stacy
This starts with matchups. It requires a grain of salt for Marshall though. AJ Green and Brandon Marshall get the 2 worst pass defenses in the league this week. AJ Green I can give my vote of confidence, Brandon Marshall on the other hand, I can't. Alshon Jeffery is the reason why. Against Minnesota (31st) Alshon dropped a bomb for 36.9 points taking all the points away from Brandon who finished with 4.5 points. I really think it depends on who's under center for Da Bears. For now I'll ignore it and just take BMarsh v Philly as is on paper. Let's just put it this way. I think I'd take Keenan Allen this week over both TY and Jordy. So if I rank all 6 WRS, #1,2, and 4 go to Lacy Stacy. Edge WR 1+2+3 AJ, Marsh, Keenan
TE matchup.
Push.
They're both so confusing. The only TEs I can be VERY confident in is Jimmy Graham and Gronk. Even Vernon, I have a hard time week by week thinking they'll do well. If I have to choose I'll say Jordan Cameron... he's due and Jets are just so bad. But Washington is just as bad... however Witten blew against them in their first matchup. Regardless these guys are able to drop some major points this week if their QBs look their way. Both guys take a back seat to a top flight WR in Dez and JGordon. So... we'll see. SLIGHT edge - Jordan Cameron
Defense Matchup.
Edge - 36 Dollar Man.
Let me point out that the KC defense has scored more points than DeMarco Murray, AJ Green, Reggie Bush, etc. Benching them based on matchups is a scary thought to me. I don't mean to put doubt in because I'm a pure matchup Defense player. Of course that has been extremely rewarded as many times as it's been extremely negative. So I don't know what the right call is here. The way it stands now I think 49ers are going to have a field day with a crappy Atlanta team, on monday night, at home, THE LAST REGULAR SEASON HOME GAME IN CANDLESTICK PARK. Just screams... disaster for Atlanta. Edge - 49ers D/ST
Kicker Matchup.
Who the hell knows.
I can't predict kickers. They're ridiculous (see Justin Tucker). Both bad matchups against great defenses which is supposed to be what good? cause good defenses only give up Field Goals? But then GREAT defenses don't give up any points? So WTF!?
The way things have been for me they'll probably both drop 25.
GG.
36 Dollar Man by 10.
or something.
I don't know.
Sad way to end a season for Joon's Football Squad and I miss JC So Much.
Especially I miss JC So Much.
So unfortunate that his name foreshadowed what was to come.
As I had mentioned, there were so many injuries and/or freak incidents (RG3 benching) for this team RIGHT as he clinched the playoffs. Insult to injury... his supposed "treasured JC" (why trade him then?...) went off for 52 points in one of the most dominate performances I've ever seen in fantasy.
Jamaal only ran for 20 yards and a touchdown (8 points) on 8 carries.
OH.
THEN HE CAUGHT 8 PASSES FOR 195 YARDS AND 4 TOUCHDOWNS ON 8 TARGETS.
That's 5 touchdowns on 16 touches. (31.25%) and 13.44 yards per touch.
3.22 points per touch.
Talk about efficiency.
That performance makes JC the 3rd OVERALL player in fantasy this season. That's pretty nuts. The next RB is Shady McCoy at #13.
Things also went south for Joon's Football Squad due to what I pointed out last week. Quarterback play. Losing Rodgers was devastating. 9.6 points from the rapist. What hurts is the fact that 3 of the top 5 QB performers for this week were available. But who in their right mind goes... "Imma pick up Ryan Harvard Fitz"?
Actually... I did... when I had a platoon of Matty Ice and Case Keenum in case I made the playoffs... Fitz has awesome matchups. But still that wasn't really something I was planning to do.
Anyways. Good effort by these two.
On to what matters.
*cue NFL Films soundtrack*
Who has the edge?
QB matchup.
Edge - 36 Dollar Man
Stafford. We all know about Stafford as native Michiganders. The guy has a better line over the season than Romo (who he's starting to become) but given the situation of the game, it's hard to see Stafford respond to the pressure. Look at Monday's game. When have we ever seen Calvin drop those types of passes. Then he sat on the bench and looked... loopy. No one cared, no one wanted to step up to the occasion. We're supposed to believe they do this now? Maybe it's just my Lionized pessimism but I don't see it. On the other hand Romo... lulz. What a failure he is. However he does drop some great fantasy numbers even while he destroys his team. Both the Lions and Cowboys are a game behind their respective division leaders. When it comes to Romo I always say, "If the game doesn't matter he will be brilliant". This game matters but it's against the crappy Redskins. Edge Romo
RB matchup.
Edge - 36 Dollar Man
Uh... Duh. (THANKS JOON!)
Matt Forte #3 and Marshawn Lynch #4.
"But Lynch has Arizona". Lynch had Arizona IN Arizona and dropped 15.4. This time Arizona comes into the loudest stadium in the NFL and Lynch gets to go at them again.
I'm not ignoring the fact that Lacy and Stacy are performing extremely well. I think it's a fair comparison to call Lacy and Stacy the poor man's version of Forte and Lynch. They're on track to be those guys later in their careers but they're not there yet. Edge RB 1+2 Forte AND Lynch
WR matchup.
BIG edge - Lacy Stacy
This starts with matchups. It requires a grain of salt for Marshall though. AJ Green and Brandon Marshall get the 2 worst pass defenses in the league this week. AJ Green I can give my vote of confidence, Brandon Marshall on the other hand, I can't. Alshon Jeffery is the reason why. Against Minnesota (31st) Alshon dropped a bomb for 36.9 points taking all the points away from Brandon who finished with 4.5 points. I really think it depends on who's under center for Da Bears. For now I'll ignore it and just take BMarsh v Philly as is on paper. Let's just put it this way. I think I'd take Keenan Allen this week over both TY and Jordy. So if I rank all 6 WRS, #1,2, and 4 go to Lacy Stacy. Edge WR 1+2+3 AJ, Marsh, Keenan
TE matchup.
Push.
They're both so confusing. The only TEs I can be VERY confident in is Jimmy Graham and Gronk. Even Vernon, I have a hard time week by week thinking they'll do well. If I have to choose I'll say Jordan Cameron... he's due and Jets are just so bad. But Washington is just as bad... however Witten blew against them in their first matchup. Regardless these guys are able to drop some major points this week if their QBs look their way. Both guys take a back seat to a top flight WR in Dez and JGordon. So... we'll see. SLIGHT edge - Jordan Cameron
Defense Matchup.
Edge - 36 Dollar Man.
Let me point out that the KC defense has scored more points than DeMarco Murray, AJ Green, Reggie Bush, etc. Benching them based on matchups is a scary thought to me. I don't mean to put doubt in because I'm a pure matchup Defense player. Of course that has been extremely rewarded as many times as it's been extremely negative. So I don't know what the right call is here. The way it stands now I think 49ers are going to have a field day with a crappy Atlanta team, on monday night, at home, THE LAST REGULAR SEASON HOME GAME IN CANDLESTICK PARK. Just screams... disaster for Atlanta. Edge - 49ers D/ST
Kicker Matchup.
Who the hell knows.
I can't predict kickers. They're ridiculous (see Justin Tucker). Both bad matchups against great defenses which is supposed to be what good? cause good defenses only give up Field Goals? But then GREAT defenses don't give up any points? So WTF!?
The way things have been for me they'll probably both drop 25.
GG.
36 Dollar Man by 10.
or something.
I don't know.
No comments:
Post a Comment