Week 6
My apologies for the late update.
I've been swamped and all around busy....
that fact plus the fact that sports depresses me is probably why this is the first time I've actually logged into this league's website on an actual computer since the last note.
Speaking of, a volunteer for next week's note would be much appreciated.
I have another 3 exams in 3 days, so I'll probably not be able to do much.
Oh.
Don't watch Gone Girl with a significant other or... a girl in general.
Movie was great, interesting story, great acting (well... ben is ben), and whatever... til this... one scene happens... then everything goes to hell and as a man who believes he'll probably get married one day, sitting next to a lady who is the best candidate for me to do that with... I could not have been more uncomfortable.
Mind farked me pretty good that night.
You've been warned.
ANYWAYS.
=============================================================
In my fantasy football career, I've never been in the sole possession of last place ever in my life.
Til now.
Even in other fantasy sports I don't think that's ever happened with exception to my inaugural "interim" manager year when I took over for Steven in the Boys of Summer for baseball.
This is a new low for me in life.
I got there by getting bent over by a stupid bear who managed 5 points from his RB slots.
Yes, Paul Min only managed 5.0 points from his RB slots and exceeded 100 points.
Even with Gore, Stacy, and Quick going on Monday... I lost by a huge margin as the aforementioned trio did nothing.
The key play here was Branden Oliver.
I had put in a waiver claim for him as well and Paul was the one who ended up landing him. He dropped 18.4 points and was the highest scorer in the matchup.
I will eat a disgusting black bird, as Foles is not what I expected.
He is at moments... and in other moments, he's awfully inaccurate and interception prone. I'd hope that he could just stay consistent but I doubt it. This is totally my year.
The one positive I got from this week was that I was dead on about Jeff's undefeated run coming to an end.
In all seriousness, that was my real opinion but for reasons that were wrong.
As I mentioned last week, I thought it was Henry's matchups and his team's ability to produce points that would fend off Jeff but it was more of a self-destruction by Jeff's RB1-WR3. 25.3 points from those slots.
Gio Bernard by himself scored 22.
Peyton was still Peyton and Julius was still Julius.
Just a bad, perfect storm for Jeff.
In other news, Andrew Luck has been perfect.
I drafted him.
I traded him for peanuts.
I am an idiot.
Chris Han gets to enjoy the #1 Fantasy QB as I cry in my corner and contemplate the meaning of life.
124.4 points. 24.6 of those are from Andrew Luck.... which is even more disgusting when you realize that Marshawn did nothing and Chris left 70.1 points on the bench.
This is the team I fear most lately... Sure T.Y. Hilton had a career day and Larry Fitzgerald actually did something for once...
but I believe Antone Smith should command more carries as he continues to be a huge playmaker and Steven Jackson continues to be a shell of his former self. That, plus, everything I do is detrimental to me and beneficial for others. Luck is great.
Walter Rhee, Chris' opponent, is going in the opposite direction.
This is his 3rd loss in a row after starting 3-0.
Insult to injury, Victor Cruz died this year.
Bench dude Marvin Jones died this year.
Rashad Jennings is still out.
Montee Ball is out and probably replaced.
Cordarrelle Patterson would like to have the ball...
It's just a mess for his team.
Sad thing is, all 3 RBs and his QB did their parts.
3.4 points from his 3 receivers. Yikes.
Hopefully the moves he made will help him out from now on.
Oh, I forgot to mention on Sunday that I got a 2 word text message saying, "Flacco really."
Given how the year has gone, 119.7 points is a winner's score.
Steven put up that score and was rewarded with a 10 point loss to the APOW, Kevin Ahn.
As I mentioned to him on facebook... He should continue to bench Tom Brady (although he played him this week and they won... barely..), bench the Michigan Wolverines, Red Wings, and me... in life.
Steven got a monster performance from Phillip Rivers (#2 QB) and Arian Foster (#3 RB). Arian is the biggest surprise to me. I had him his breakout year but after that he's always been an injury concern HOWEVER, he continues to be SOLID when healthy. He is arguably the best RB in the league given that he is third while missing almost 2 complete games. It's amazing.
C.J. Spiller on the other hand finished in the negatives and is consistently bad and sad given that he never gets crucial carries. He was in for 12 snaps the entire game last week.
Poor guy, I was a fan.
Rich guy Kevin, crushed everything with 30ish from Flacco and Forte. Nothing unordinary nor impressive besides those two but he still got a solid 70 points from the rest of his team. Great showing after a poor start to the season.
Still, it's early and he's 2 games out... but then again I'm 3 games out so... yeah.
Speaking of... the Leaders Division's.... leader.... lol... is Danny Kim.
Still... weirdly impressed.
Any of you guys still watch the League? Well, this season... Andre is actually hard to make fun of in the beginning and has very good insults and is very witty.... We later find out he has Jay Glazer telling him what to do through a very small bluetooth earpiece. The group finds out and hates on him for cheating.
...
who is on the other end of Danny's bluetooth earpiece....?
In honesty though, it's just a solid team.
Cam is having a good year, and the Jordy-Cobb duo is getting solid amounts of work. There's quality and depth in his WRs... although I still think his RBs blow.
Maybe a half tier upgrade on his RBs would have prevented some losses, but at this point, how can you complain?
Joon can't complain after losing to Danny given that his team scored 87 points...
I thought Matt Ryan's week 1 performance was what we should expect... not what Joon would WISH for him to repeat. I don't get him.... I don't get Foles.
LeSean actually did something last week... but... was traded. He probably showed up because he was traded. Rumor is... LeSean didn't appreciate it when Joon walked into the locker room and started raving about DeMarco Murray right in front of last year's best RB. Rubbed him the wrong way and made him think that he was playing favorites. At least now he can join a guy.... who's.... team name... was... about how he missed jamaal charles... meh.
Anyways 3 points from D+K is frustrating. 1.3 from Flex is terrible.
Those three position would get you about 30 a week... not 4.
Regardless, Joon ran into a team that had a hell of a week.
Eli Manning had a hell of a week.
As in, he was in hell for a week....
The Eagles released some terrible cartoon featuring a small Eli Manning being haunted by the Eagles' pass rushers before the game. It was really poorly done and embarassing to watch.... but it did something as the Eagles shut out Eli and the Giants. Eli got 6.3 points for former world champion Danny Shin as he falls to 2-4.
There was only two double digit performers on Danny's starting squad and only one on the bench. Both defensive options on his team combined for -4 for I guess the 0 the Chargers put up was... the better option. It's weird how the names on his team makes you think he'd be in near the top of the standings... yet... the opposite is true.
Sewook took the win as his WR play (including flex) supported his great QB and his terrible RBs for the easy win. Aaron Rodgers is the man. Troublesome was Bishop Sankey, as he got 18 carries against the Jacksonville Jaguars and ONLY finished with 6.8 points. :\
That's the risk with these rookies. Hopefully he gets used to that and improves from here on out. It would go a long was for Sewook as he tries to recover from QB AUTODRAFT.
=============================================================
Matchup of the week:
MSU 41 - Michigan 3
APOW: Kevin Ahn (1)
Turd: Danny Shin (1)
http://gbffb.blogspot.com
I've been swamped and all around busy....
that fact plus the fact that sports depresses me is probably why this is the first time I've actually logged into this league's website on an actual computer since the last note.
Speaking of, a volunteer for next week's note would be much appreciated.
I have another 3 exams in 3 days, so I'll probably not be able to do much.
Oh.
Don't watch Gone Girl with a significant other or... a girl in general.
Movie was great, interesting story, great acting (well... ben is ben), and whatever... til this... one scene happens... then everything goes to hell and as a man who believes he'll probably get married one day, sitting next to a lady who is the best candidate for me to do that with... I could not have been more uncomfortable.
Mind farked me pretty good that night.
You've been warned.
ANYWAYS.
=============================================================
In my fantasy football career, I've never been in the sole possession of last place ever in my life.
Til now.
Even in other fantasy sports I don't think that's ever happened with exception to my inaugural "interim" manager year when I took over for Steven in the Boys of Summer for baseball.
This is a new low for me in life.
I got there by getting bent over by a stupid bear who managed 5 points from his RB slots.
Yes, Paul Min only managed 5.0 points from his RB slots and exceeded 100 points.
Even with Gore, Stacy, and Quick going on Monday... I lost by a huge margin as the aforementioned trio did nothing.
The key play here was Branden Oliver.
I had put in a waiver claim for him as well and Paul was the one who ended up landing him. He dropped 18.4 points and was the highest scorer in the matchup.
I will eat a disgusting black bird, as Foles is not what I expected.
He is at moments... and in other moments, he's awfully inaccurate and interception prone. I'd hope that he could just stay consistent but I doubt it. This is totally my year.
The one positive I got from this week was that I was dead on about Jeff's undefeated run coming to an end.
In all seriousness, that was my real opinion but for reasons that were wrong.
As I mentioned last week, I thought it was Henry's matchups and his team's ability to produce points that would fend off Jeff but it was more of a self-destruction by Jeff's RB1-WR3. 25.3 points from those slots.
Gio Bernard by himself scored 22.
Peyton was still Peyton and Julius was still Julius.
Just a bad, perfect storm for Jeff.
In other news, Andrew Luck has been perfect.
I drafted him.
I traded him for peanuts.
I am an idiot.
Chris Han gets to enjoy the #1 Fantasy QB as I cry in my corner and contemplate the meaning of life.
124.4 points. 24.6 of those are from Andrew Luck.... which is even more disgusting when you realize that Marshawn did nothing and Chris left 70.1 points on the bench.
This is the team I fear most lately... Sure T.Y. Hilton had a career day and Larry Fitzgerald actually did something for once...
but I believe Antone Smith should command more carries as he continues to be a huge playmaker and Steven Jackson continues to be a shell of his former self. That, plus, everything I do is detrimental to me and beneficial for others. Luck is great.
Walter Rhee, Chris' opponent, is going in the opposite direction.
This is his 3rd loss in a row after starting 3-0.
Insult to injury, Victor Cruz died this year.
Bench dude Marvin Jones died this year.
Rashad Jennings is still out.
Montee Ball is out and probably replaced.
Cordarrelle Patterson would like to have the ball...
It's just a mess for his team.
Sad thing is, all 3 RBs and his QB did their parts.
3.4 points from his 3 receivers. Yikes.
Hopefully the moves he made will help him out from now on.
Oh, I forgot to mention on Sunday that I got a 2 word text message saying, "Flacco really."
Given how the year has gone, 119.7 points is a winner's score.
Steven put up that score and was rewarded with a 10 point loss to the APOW, Kevin Ahn.
As I mentioned to him on facebook... He should continue to bench Tom Brady (although he played him this week and they won... barely..), bench the Michigan Wolverines, Red Wings, and me... in life.
Steven got a monster performance from Phillip Rivers (#2 QB) and Arian Foster (#3 RB). Arian is the biggest surprise to me. I had him his breakout year but after that he's always been an injury concern HOWEVER, he continues to be SOLID when healthy. He is arguably the best RB in the league given that he is third while missing almost 2 complete games. It's amazing.
C.J. Spiller on the other hand finished in the negatives and is consistently bad and sad given that he never gets crucial carries. He was in for 12 snaps the entire game last week.
Poor guy, I was a fan.
Rich guy Kevin, crushed everything with 30ish from Flacco and Forte. Nothing unordinary nor impressive besides those two but he still got a solid 70 points from the rest of his team. Great showing after a poor start to the season.
Still, it's early and he's 2 games out... but then again I'm 3 games out so... yeah.
Speaking of... the Leaders Division's.... leader.... lol... is Danny Kim.
Still... weirdly impressed.
Any of you guys still watch the League? Well, this season... Andre is actually hard to make fun of in the beginning and has very good insults and is very witty.... We later find out he has Jay Glazer telling him what to do through a very small bluetooth earpiece. The group finds out and hates on him for cheating.
...
who is on the other end of Danny's bluetooth earpiece....?
In honesty though, it's just a solid team.
Cam is having a good year, and the Jordy-Cobb duo is getting solid amounts of work. There's quality and depth in his WRs... although I still think his RBs blow.
Maybe a half tier upgrade on his RBs would have prevented some losses, but at this point, how can you complain?
Joon can't complain after losing to Danny given that his team scored 87 points...
I thought Matt Ryan's week 1 performance was what we should expect... not what Joon would WISH for him to repeat. I don't get him.... I don't get Foles.
LeSean actually did something last week... but... was traded. He probably showed up because he was traded. Rumor is... LeSean didn't appreciate it when Joon walked into the locker room and started raving about DeMarco Murray right in front of last year's best RB. Rubbed him the wrong way and made him think that he was playing favorites. At least now he can join a guy.... who's.... team name... was... about how he missed jamaal charles... meh.
Anyways 3 points from D+K is frustrating. 1.3 from Flex is terrible.
Those three position would get you about 30 a week... not 4.
Regardless, Joon ran into a team that had a hell of a week.
Eli Manning had a hell of a week.
As in, he was in hell for a week....
The Eagles released some terrible cartoon featuring a small Eli Manning being haunted by the Eagles' pass rushers before the game. It was really poorly done and embarassing to watch.... but it did something as the Eagles shut out Eli and the Giants. Eli got 6.3 points for former world champion Danny Shin as he falls to 2-4.
There was only two double digit performers on Danny's starting squad and only one on the bench. Both defensive options on his team combined for -4 for I guess the 0 the Chargers put up was... the better option. It's weird how the names on his team makes you think he'd be in near the top of the standings... yet... the opposite is true.
Sewook took the win as his WR play (including flex) supported his great QB and his terrible RBs for the easy win. Aaron Rodgers is the man. Troublesome was Bishop Sankey, as he got 18 carries against the Jacksonville Jaguars and ONLY finished with 6.8 points. :\
That's the risk with these rookies. Hopefully he gets used to that and improves from here on out. It would go a long was for Sewook as he tries to recover from QB AUTODRAFT.
=============================================================
Matchup of the week:
MSU 41 - Michigan 3
APOW: Kevin Ahn (1)
Turd: Danny Shin (1)
http://gbffb.blogspot.com
No comments:
Post a Comment